Friday, May 4, 2012

Genetics

I've been thinking a lot about that Will.I.Am song "I Got It From My Mama" in which Will.I.Am will not stop interrogating a girl about the origins of her presumably bangin' body:

Baby, where'd you get your body from?
Tell me, where'd you get your body from?
Baby, where'd you get your body from?
Tell me, where'd you get your body from?

As you can tell, he's very, very keen on finding the answer. So the girl responds, almost four times:

I got it from my mama.
I got it from my mama.
I got it from my mama.
I got it, got it, g-got it.

My main criticism? The song should ask about other things, too:

Baby, where'd you get your body hair from?
Tell me, where'd you get your acne from?
Baby, where'd you get your pit stains from?
Tell me, where'd you get your overbite from?

I got it from my mama.
I got it from my mama.
I got it from my mama.
I got it, got it, g-got it.

Think about it, Will.I.Am, for your next remix.

3 comments:

  1. Felicia, where'd you get your wit from? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another question might be,

    "Baby, where'd you get your STD from?
    Tell me, where'd you get your STD from?
    Baby, where'd you get your STD from?
    Tell me, where'd you get your STD from?

    (You know, wanting to be responsible and not share the wealth, so to speak.)

    To which she replies,

    "I got it from my ex, who dated your ex.
    Yes, I got it from my ex, who dated your ex.
    I got it from my ex, who dated your ex.
    And now you got it, got it, got it."

    ReplyDelete