Monday, October 22, 2012

Pulp Fiction / Truth


My sister is visiting me this weekend. Here is a conversation we just had.
Tessa: I want some orange juice. 
Felicia: Don't we have some in the fridge? 
Tessa: I don't know, I didn't check. Does it have pulp? 
Felicia: (nods) 
Tessa: Why, does Marshall like pulp? 
Felicia: No, I like pulp. 
Tessa: Why? 
Felicia: It makes me feel like I'm drinking a real orange. 
Tessa: Really? Because it makes me feel like, 'What is this vomit I'm drinking?' 
Felicia: I can strain it for you. 
Tessa: I don't think there's anything that repulses me more than pulp, in a drink.
Felicia: Huh. 
Tessa: Yup.
Felicia: That surprises me.
Tessa: Well.
Felicia: I'm putting this on my blog.
(more from Tessa and Felicia...)

2 comments:

  1. I fully and whole heartedly agree with Tessa. Why do I need to drink chunks in my orange juice? I buy fresh squeezed orange juice from the market near my house and once I attempted to strain it through a coffee filter that I put over a glass. It did not work. I'm still trying to work out how to have fresh squeezed orange juice minus the pulp. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you and Marshall are lifting so much weight these days, can you two just squeeze oranges with your fists to make your own juice (with pulp) in your apartment? Because that's how I imagine it in my head.

    ReplyDelete